Is Cloud Technology the best solution today?
Cloud computing is growing steadily. Organizations these days are considering cloud technology to achieve maximum benefit. Whether the cloud is the best solution would depend on the particular requirements of an organization.
One of the most talked-about in the mobile industry today is cloud computing. Although cloud computing is extremely beneficial to organizations, it’s not without risks. Smaller firms particularly could incur losses without a complete understanding of the downside of the cloud. Today, organizations seriously are considering using hybrid clouds to achieve maximum benefit from it.
WHAT IS CLOUD COMPUTING AND CLOUD TECHNOLOGY:
Cloud technology or cloud computing is the usage of computing resources and power on demand through an internet connection, in contrast to hosting and operating computing resources within an organization. It offers utility pricing or a ‘pay as you use’ structure, eliminating operational or capital expenses that a company could incur if buying and maintaining its own IT resources. When an enterprise uses the cloud solution, computing resources are in general managed by a third-party service provider that could adjust capacity fast to address computing demands and needs.
IS CLOUD THE BEST SERVICES TODAY?
This depends actually on the particular needs of an organization and what it aims to achieve. Cloud computing could drastically lower capital costs to IT infrastructure and substantially minimize operating expenses as well. Outsourced cloud solutions are scalable, dynamic, and work effortlessly. Cloud technology solutions also achieve better response time in most instances compared to standard server hardware.
Partnering with a cloud service provider helps minimize expenses related to employing internal IT personnel as well as resources. The service provider provides all the needed resources, such as power, hardware, and bandwidth, and typically also offers the majority of IT support. In an ideal scenario, a cloud solution provider implements a managed solution wherein they provide all server patching monitoring, server hardening, and upgrades. Moreover, cloud computing demonstrates a lower impact on the environment via improved efficiencies.
HOW CLOUD COMPUTING CHANGES THE ROLE OF THE IT DEPARTMENT:
After the deployment of a cloud technology solution, internal IT departments would be able to focus on the main business aspects of IT, such as the development and support for mission-critical apps for customers, rather than worrying on server patching, reboots, and also maintenance. Cloud service providers manage daily IT concerns while the IT department of the company could focus on what makes revenue, innovating, and planning for the future.
ADVANTAGES OF HYBRID CLOUDS:
- Hybrid clouds are designed in a way as to scale the needs of the company rapidly. As several standardized processes run together to achieve harmony between different kinds of clouds, it makes it the ideal solution for loading heavy projects, which could not be handled easily by in-house servers. Using a hybrid cloud also saves the extra cost of buying exclusive server hardware that would otherwise be necessary.
- Hybrid clouds could be operated anytime, anywhere. This gives them a worldwide reach for businesses wanting to spread their reach beyond geographic restraints. Also, the infrastructure offers relatively reliable connectivity, even in outages.
HOW A SMALL COMPANY PLANS A TRANSITION FROM TRADITIONAL SYSTEM TO CLOUD:
The best thing is to start small. Most clients start with server virtualization. Once comfortable with it, they could proceed to backup and storage for disaster recovery. Non-mission vital apps, like emails, must be moved to the cloud-first. With such value and offerings, Google Apps and Microsoft Hosted Exchanged make a wonderful test case for moving to the cloud at a very minimal cost.
It would be good for a small company to contact a trusted advisor, an expert in cloud computing services to provide education, guidance as well as migration assistance. A cloud computing expert could create and implement a security and governance strategy that addresses the particular needs of the organization’s valuable resources.
WHERE WILL CLOUD BE IN THE FUTURE?
A lot of experts believe that majority of IT would be virtualized in the years to come, such as virtual servers, virtual desktops, and hosted apps. Nowadays, many users store their files and documents in the cloud, with access from anywhere. The desktop has become less relevant with hosted software, virtual desktops, and virtual storage. The same as the software has displaced hardware in the communications space, cloud technology would displace software and it would simply be the standard environment for performing these things.
TYPES OF CLOUD COMPUTING SERVICES:
- IaaS or Infrastructure as a Service. The hardware and infrastructure are all provided for. There is no need to provide hardware, servers or communications. One could move an existing infrastructure towards the cloud. IaaS offers computer power, storage as well as networking infrastructure as a service through the public web
- PaaS or Platform as a Service. This adds a layer to IaaS. It also provides compute power, storage, and networking infrastructure as a service through the public web. But, PaaS environments offer a runtime environment as well for compiled app code. It includes software, like Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Server, and more. It gives a platform to build on, configured already with the needed software and more
- SaaS or Software as a Service. It is an on-demand software, like Salesforce.com for instance. With SaaS, a whole finished app could be available on-demand from some SaaS vendors. The app exists in the cloud and could be consumed from any browser through the internet
The cloud technology could be the best solution today. Nevertheless, deciding to go towards the cloud requires careful consideration to make it the best solution for an organization.
When you want to make a strong Oracle DBA career then you should be aware of database services and other database technology. Without having knowledge of Oracle internals, Oracle performance tuning, and skill of Oracle database troubleshooting you can’t be an Oracle DBA expert. This expert DBA Team club blog always provides you latest technology news and database news to keep yourself up to date. You should need to be aware of Cloud database technology like DBaaS. All Oracle DBA tips are available in a single unique resource at our orageek. Meanwhile, we are also providing some sql tutorials for Oracle DBA. This is the part of Dbametrix Group and you would enjoy more advanced topics from our partner resource.