Many people are worried about their privacy on the Internet because it is becoming common among cybercriminals to steal personal information. But they don’t understand that it is not necessary to worry about the security of your system. You can take precautions to improve your safety. Here are some easy and practical steps that will help you to keep your system safe.
Update Your Antivirus Software:
The first thing you need to do is install antivirus software on your computer. It will prevent any malware from entering your system. You should always scan the files before opening them to ensure no virus or malware is present.
Use a Firewall:
You should use a firewall in your system to protect it against any threat. Firewalls help you to secure your system from hackers and other harmful threats.
Change the Password Often:
Your password should be changed frequently, as hackers may try to guess it. If you fail to change your password, you will become the victim of many attacks. Therefore, you need to ensure that you don’t store any critical information on your system.
Keep Your Computer Clean:
If you want to keep your system safe, you need to keep it clean. Remove all the unnecessary files and applications from your system. Also, keep your browser updated with the latest updates to avoid any viruses.
Use a VPN:
A virtual private network (VPN) helps you keep your internet traffic encrypted. It makes your system secure from hackers and other unwanted intruders. You can use antivirus software to protect your system, but you can use a VPN if you don’t have one.
Have a Backup System:
If your system is hacked, it will be challenging to recover your data. To avoid such situations, you should backup your important files and store them in a different location.
Tips To Keep Your Server Safe From Hackers:
What is the server? It is an electronic device that helps to store and transfer data. It is a device that has a vast capacity for storing data. It is also connected to the Internet, which can access from anywhere. So, if you are a business person, you can easily access your company’s data and files from any corner of the world. There are many reasons to consider your server the most crucial part of your business. So, we need to take care of its security. 10 easy steps to keep your server safe:
1. Install a firewall is one of the most important things you need to install on your server to make sure that hackers cannot hack into your system. A firewall is like a barrier between your server and the Internet. It will stop the intruder from hacking into your system.
2. Disable Windows Firewall Your firewall will not work correctly if you don’t disable the Windows firewall, so disable it. There is a simple way to do that. Just follow these steps: Open the Control Panel and go to “Windows Defender Firewall.” Then click “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off” Now, click on “Turn off Windows Firewall.”
3. Install an antivirus is another essential thing to install on your server. It is software that protects your system from viruses. You can install this software on your server.
4. Install a backup solution is another important thing you need to install on your server. That will help you to recover your data even if something goes wrong.
5. Install an anti-malware solution Anti-malware is another crucial thing you need to install on your server. It will help you to keep your system safe from malware.
6. Install a web server If you have a website, then you must have a web server installed on your server. It will make your website available 24 hours a day.
7. Install a Domain name registration. When you have a website, you must own a domain name. A domain name will help you to identify your website. It will also help you to get more traffic to your website.
8. Install a website builder is another essential thing you need to install on your server. This software will help you create a beautiful and professional website for your business.
9. Install remote management software is another critical thing you need to install on your server. This software will allow you to monitor your server remotely. You can install it using a smartphone or a laptop.
10. Install a cloud storage solution is another essential thing you need to install on your server. This software will help you store your files in the cloud, and they will be available to you all the time. You can also share your files with other people.
I hope you liked this post about “10 Easy Steps for Improving Server Security”. I have also shared some easy steps for keeping your server safe from hackers.
So, these are some of the most effective tips that you should follow to keep your system safe. These tips are straightforward to follow as you need to do them regularly, and they will help you keep your system secure.
When you want to make a strong Oracle DBA career then you should be aware of database services and other database technology. Without having knowledge of Oracle internals, Oracle performance tuning, and skill of Oracle database troubleshooting you can’t be an Oracle DBA expert. This expert DBA Team club blog always provides you latest technology news and database news to keep yourself up to date. You should need to be aware of Cloud database technology like DBaaS. These all Oracle DBA tips are available in a single unique resource at our orageek. Meanwhile, we are also providing some sql tutorials for Oracle DBA. This is the part of Dbametrix Group and you would enjoy more advanced topics from our partner resource.