Over my 20-year career, I even have hired and managed over 50+ DBA. While the marketplace for DBAs is certainly improving, getting a replacement or better job shouldn’t be taken lightly. Thereupon said, let me provide a fast reminder of the items you ought to do to make sure success:
1. Start with an honest resume. There are many sites that will help, but a minimum of confirming that your resume is precise, readable, and informative.
2. Send a canopy letter. The duvet letter should highlight why you’re applying for the work, how your skills will fit the outline, and why you would like the work.
3. Be polite and courteous altogether communications. I even turned away candidates who were rude to my recruiters when scheduling the interview.
4. Arrive on time! Any candidate who arrives late is presumably getting to be turned away immediately. Plan your route, know the traffic, and by all means, be prepared for the worst.
5. Don’t arrive too early. This will be even as annoying as being late. OK, so you planned ahead and made it 1/2 hour early. Take a walk, sit in your car, relax. Wait 5–10 minutes before your interview time before announcing yourself.
6. Be confident. it’s important to stay calm and assured, albeit you get stumped by an issue. When stumped, the simplest thing to try to admit not knowing, state how you’d either refresh your memory or find the proper answer and advance. Specialize in your ability and willingness to find out.
7. Research the corporate. Study the website, recent news items, and the other collateral you’ll find. Ask good questions about the business, and by all means, show an interest in it.
8. Follow up. This is often the one that’s most frequently overlooked. Send a many thanks letter or email. Be gracious for the time spent on you, reiterate why you’re the simplest fit for the work and why you would like to figure for the corporate.
9. Show every project detail in your resume so that the interviewer can easily get your job function and able to ask questions about those projects.
10. Never provide any social security number or passport number like sensitive information in the resume.
If you are remembering the above things in your mind then you would be able to pick up a good and fantastic job which helps to improve yourself. You should need to demand a high-level salary in the first stage, and never demand a low salary if you are getting at present.
For more detail kindly check my Oracle DBA career blog here.
When you want to make a strong Oracle DBA career then you should be aware of database services and other database technology. Without having knowledge of Oracle internals, Oracle performance tuning, and skill of Oracle database troubleshooting you can’t be an Oracle DBA expert. This expert DBA Team club blog always provides you latest technology news and database news to keep yourself up to date. You should need to be aware of Cloud database technology like DBaaS. All Oracle DBA tips are available in a single unique resource at our orageek. Meanwhile, we are also providing some sql tutorials for Oracle DBA. This is the part of Dbametrix Group and you would enjoy more advanced topics from our partner resource.